Retail Store Associate Job Description
ADAMS FARM RETAIL STORE ASSOCIATE JOB DESCRIPTION View as pdf>>
Job Title: Retail Store Associate
Department: Retail Store
Reports To: Retail Store Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Date Prepared: 1/1/2021
Responsible for waiting on retail and slaughterhouse customers in a professional manner; answering phones and taking messages; packaging meat, slicing deli product, preparing sandwiches/hot dogs, pricing product and working with a cash register. Maintaining clean pleasant store environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcoming customers in a friendly and helpful manner
- Answering the phone and taking messages accurately either written or verbally in a professional manner
- Providing excellent service in answering customer’s questions or directing the questions to the appropriate employee
- Making sure the meat cases, display coolers, freezers and shelves are fully stocked and the sell by dates on the meat are current.
- Slicing deli meat and providing product in a friendly manner per the customer’s request
- Making sure the work area and display cases are neat and clean at all times.
- Rotate product to and from the retail freezer
- Learning, implementing and adhering to Safe serve and company policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience working in a retail food environment and customer service would be preferred
- Experience using a cash register is preferred
- Ability to add and subtract numbers, read and write
- Good customer service skill; pleasant, outgoing and helpful
- Professional, honest, competent, and respectful
- Must be a team player and able to follow instructions
- Must be able to read and implement company rules and regulations
- Must have personal cleanliness and product sanitation skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or listen.
- The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working in the retail store and interacting with customers.
- Work area will be at an average temperature of approximately 68 degrees F
- Work sometimes required for limited time in storage walk-in freezer with a temperature of -1 degree F.
The above duties are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. Employees will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as may be required by management.