Meat Packer Job Description
ADAMS FARM SLAUGHTERHOUSE LLC JOB DESCRIPTION View as pdf>>
Job Title: Meat Packer
Department: Processing Room
Reports To: Processing Room Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Date Prepared: January 1, 2020
Responsible for working as a team member to package, label and weigh cuts of meat in an efficient and timely manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Packaging cuts of meat as instructed with the maximum efficiency
- Properly weighing, labeling and naming each package of meat as instructed
- Maintaining the separation of customer product as instructed either verbally or with written instructions
- Assisting other employees with moving meat into the freezer for customer pick-ups.
- Learning the names and packaging required for cuts of meat
- Work as a team member and learn the skills to work at all areas in the meat packing area.
- Adhere to company Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work an 8 hour shift starting at 7:00 am
- Ability to read labels and record weights of product
- Ability to add and subtract numbers
- Have good personal hygiene and be clean and neat in personal appearance
- Experience in packaging product preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for many hours
- The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work area will be at a consistent temperature of approximately 55 degrees F